Monday, April 2, 2012

Underwater at Disney's Castaway Cay

A sunny day and crystal clear water make perfect conditions for a snorkeling photo safari

After weeks of cristenings, celebrities and preview cruises, the Fantasy, the newest ship from Disney Cruise Lines, is finally on it's official Maiden Voyage this week, a 7-day sail to the Caribbean, including stops at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay. On assignment last week on the preview cruise for the travel industry and media, I had the opportunity to take Team Florida 360's GoPro Sports Cameras underwater to check out the stingrays and tropical fish. Standing at a sandy, sun-soaked  Bahamian beach inside the lagoon's protective breakwater, I have to say I had my doubts as to just how many fish I would actually see. But I was pleasantly surprised by an amazing array of tame stingrays, large schools of snapper varieties and various colorful tropicals at the sunken boat sites several hundred yards offshore. Using a special housing designed for optical correction underwater, I spent several hours shooting with the GoPro Hero 2 camera on a photo-and-video snorkeling safari.

URL: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-story-underwater-at-disneys-castaway-cay-fla360,0,6223672.story?track=rss

No comments:

Post a Comment