Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sarah & Yoda Meet Lilo & Stitch

Sarah & Yoda Meet Lilo & Stitch


     Lilo and Stitch hold a special place in the hearts of me and Brett.  After dinner on our first date on December 21, 2002, we watched the movie "Lilo and Stitch."  On our visit to Walt Disney World in 2008, we were able to see Stitch, but he was alone and not with Lilo.  This time when we went, I was bound and determined to find Lilo.

     Our visit in 2009 was almost over and I had pretty much given up on finding Lilo.  However, one day we were visiting Animal Kingdom and I was very excited when I saw Lilo and Stitch at a "meet-n-greet" area on the way to Camp Minnie-Mickey.  There was quite a line, but I would have waited forever just to get to meet the pair together.  It was finally my turn to get up close to them and fortunately, we didn't have to wait very long at all.  Brett stayed behind the camera to get the footage that is below.

     We had plans to attend the "Spirit of Aloha" luau at the Polynesian hotel later on in the evening and we had both bought shirts with Hawaiian patterns on them for the occasion.  This is why you will see me in my Hawaiian shirt in the video.  I love interacting with the characters even though I'm in my 30's and they seem to have a good time with me as well.  One of the first things when it was my turn was show off my "alien" to Stitch since he was an alien too.  Earlier in the week, Brett had been on the attraction "Star Tours" in Hollywood Studios.  I didn't go on this attraction, but met Brett in the gift shop that is connected to the exit of the ride.  We found a Yoda backpack in the shop and right then, I had to have it to put on the back of my wheelchair because he looked so cool riding along with me.  Stitch didn't seem to be intrigued by Yoda, but Lilo did.  While she "played" around with Yoda, I interacted with Stitch.  His lei was crooked, so I straightened it.  I don't think that he liked that I did this, because if you watch carefully, you will see him make it crooked again. 

The following video was shot during our visit at Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom in 2009.

~SuperGirly~




No comments:

Post a Comment