Thursday, April 14, 2011

Walt Disney World Meet and Greet With Chip and Dale -- Very Awesome!

Walt Disney World Meet and Greet With Chip and Dale --  Very Awesome!


     Let's face it, the rides and attractions at the various Walt Disney World parks are pretty cool, but equally cool is getting to meet the different Disney characters as you walk around the parks.

     Meeting characters, for young and old, is a tough thing. Sometimes there are long lines for a 30 second meet and greet, depending on crowd levels and the popularity of the character. The key is to show up right when the character does or just have lots of patience. Sometimes characters are put in obvious places, like in front of the Great Movie Ride, while other times, they're "hidden" in areas toward the rear of the park. Some even have permanent areas where you can meet those characters nearly all day long. 

     Various characters such as Chip & Dale, Sorcerer Mickey, Mr Incredible, Elastigirl from the movie
The Incredibles" can be found at the end of the Magic of Disney Animation tour in a dedicated area for meet-n-greets.  The Magic of Disney Animation tour is located in Hollywood Studios.

     Below is a video of me getting to meet Chip and Dale. I have a soft spot in my heart for Chip and Dale because they're so cute and funny and my "meet-n-greet" time with them was a highlight of my trip to Walt Disney World.

     Allow me to set up the video:

     Chip and Dale were both quite infatuated with my power chair. I found that most of the characters that I met liked to press the buttons on my chair.  Chip was trying to figure out how to make my horn beep.  I finally grabbed his hand and  the horn made its little beep.  

     After having fun with playing with the buttons, Chip got to looking at the bottom area of my chair.  On our last visit, Brett decided that we needed to put stickers on my chair to commemorate my chair making it through all of the parks.  These stickers for the most part were of the different Walt Disney World parks with various characters on them.  As Chip and Dale point out, there are stickers of characters, but NOT any of them.  This made them quite upset and they didn't hide it.  First, Dale falls to the ground grief stricken and I give him a kiss on his nose to make him happy.  I think all is well, but I look over and Chip has fallen on the ground. Once he's gotten his kiss on the nose, I again think all is well, but Dale has once again fallen on the ground...this time he's REALLY fallen and is flailing on the ground.  Don't be alarmed though, his brother, Chip to the rescue!!! Chip proceeds to pound on Dale's chest to revive him and Dale is okay once again! YAY! I give both of these silly critters a kiss and all is well.
  
     This just goes to show that no matter what age you are, you can have fun at Walt Disney World and the characters still treat you like a kid even if you are 3, 30 (like I was when this video was done), or even older.  

~SuperGirly~



No comments:

Post a Comment